Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What's A Little Change?

Change. It happens. And there is nothing you can do about it. You have no choice but to accept it. And that's easier said than done. I have never been a very big fan of change. In fact, just days ago I would have said that change is bad, but in the last 36 hours, I have learned that that is not the case. I have finally come to understand that, while change can be utterly gross, it is absolutely necessary. Change produces growth. Change builds character. Change strengthens who we are as individuals, and makes us better people. As I look back on the changes that have taken place in my life, and I remember the sadness, the fear, and the anger, I have no choice but to recognize that through it all, because of it all, I have come out better on the other side. We don't have to love change. We don't even have to like change. But we should at least take the time to appreciate change and all that it brings into our lives.

No comments: