Monday, October 20, 2008

My "Big Girl" Job

As you may or may not already know, I work at a bakery as a cake decorator. I started working there for 2 reasons: I wanted to learn to decorate cakes and I needed something to fill the time after I moved here. It has been a good job and I have met some really nice people, but I think the time has come for me to move on. I am really ready for my "big girl" job, and I am in the beginning stages of job hunting. I did have an interview the other day with Walton Communities. This is a chain of apartment complexes that are locally owned and very nice in their own individual ways. The position I applied for is a leasing consultant. It sounds interesting enough, but the lady I interviewed with wants me to shadow one of the offices to see if it really is something I would like to pursue. She said that it was a lengthy process, so even if I do make it, it could take a while. I am honestly looking forward to this change. I want to do something that doesn't require me to wear a uniform, but instead requires me to look nice. Please keep me in your prayers as I continue on this journey for the next big thing.

1 comment:

Steve said...

It's time to blog again!