Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One Down, Too Many To Go

Well, next week wraps up my first semester back at school. Aside from the fact that I think I failed the science class (hoping for a D to keep the credit!), I think I did really well for the first semester back, after a too-many-years hiatus. This summer I am taking the next Spanish course, History, Aerobics, and Camping/Hiking. Yes, I said camping/hiking. Because I'm such a camper. And a hiker. Yeah.....

In other news, I am currently looking for a place to live.....with my sister. I've looked on the internet, but the problem is that while the pictures look nice, the reality is so much different!!! So, for the next couple of weeks, I am going to be looking at places and weeding out the good, the bad, and the ugly. Wish me luck!!

On another note, work is going ok, I suppose. At first, I didn't like this Kroger, but I had to figure out if it was because I truly didn't like it, or if it was just different from the one I was used to. I think it was probably a little of both. However, I have since had a heart-to-heart with my front-end manager, and gotten to know a lot of my cashiers. I think it is going to be ok. I know I'm not very well received by some of my peers, mainly because I am this new girl, who has come in from another store, and I get to do all of these things that, to my understanding, most of them haven't been doing for very long. Regardless, I have decided that I am above all of that. I am going to just do my job and not worry about their snide looks and comments. They can bury themselves- I'm staying above ground!

No comments: