Monday, July 6, 2009

Tattoos

For a little while now, I have been thinking of getting a tattoo. I haven't ever really been one to want a lot of tattoos or piercings, but now I think I would like just a little something, just because it is a little out of character for me. However, I don't want to get a tattoo, just to be getting a tattoo. I want it to be something significant. Something that means something to me, and not just a stupid butterfly or flower with my name on it. Something meaningful. So, I set out in search of the perfect, meaningful, tattoo. I was thinking about a Chinese symbol for something like "love" or "purity" or "grace," but then a friend turned me onto Japanese symbols, which are actually a lot prettier. In typing in "Japanese tattoos" on google, I found a website called www.stockkanji.com and I think I have found what I am looking for. The symbol itself means "God's Grace" and it is very pretty. If you go to the website, click on religious. Scroll down a bit and you will see a large list of things in that category, including God's grace. If you click on that one, 4 different designs will appear at the top of the page, and the one I am considering is labeled "semi-cursive." If I were to get it, it would go on the top of my foot just under my pinky toe. (yes, I stole this location from my friend, Leslie. I am such a copy cat, I know!) What do you think?

2 comments:

stevie leigh said...

they say getting a tattoo on your foot is the most painful!

shea said...

i know....