Monday, July 21, 2008

Life's Choices

There comes a time in a person's life when he or she has to decide their own path. We all have our own desires. Desires that burn deep and either have to be fulfilled or let die. Some people want to be doctors. Some dancers. Some lawyers, or teachers, or chefs, or musicians. And then there are those of us who want to be stars. Of course, that's the path I have chosen. In recent years, I have put a lot of thought into what would make me happy. Is it teaching? Is in advertising? Is it in retail management? While I think I could easily be happy in each of these, the burning desire of my heart is to become an actress. There are many times when I am sitting and watching a movie or tv show that I insert myself and my own character into the show, and then I go on to think about the acceptance speech I would give at the awards show for that performance. Yes, I'm the girl nobody has heard of, and yet she has an awards show acceptance speech already planned out. That's me, awards show acceptance speeches....never leave home without one.

No comments: