Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Getting Started

Now that I am officially in Augusta, I am in search of a new church home. This is hard for me because I have always hated shopping for a new church. When I was little, and my parents were shopping for a new church, I hated the visiting because it meant I was going to have to be around people I didn't know and that has always caused HUGE anxiety for me. When my dad became a pastor, it became a lot easier because we didn't have to shop for a church- we had one already! That also meant most everyone already knew who I was and they were ready to embrace me; all I had to do was learn who they were. Now it's different. I don't know anybody, they don't know me, and that makes for a rather scary experience for me. But that has to be ok, because otherwise, I'll never meet anyone and make friends.

This upcoming Sunday, I'm going to visit a church we went to when I was younger. I'm pretty sure most of my old friends still go there, but they have all changed so much. They're married, have careers, kids, etc. I have none of that. I'm a 25 year old college student with no prospects for marriage. It should be interesting to see how I fit in, if I fit in at all. If this is where God wants me to be, everything will be ok. If not, time to start researching somewhere else, and the hunt continues!

Please pray that God would lead me where He wants me to be, and that I would find friends who would embrace me and encourage me in my walk with Christ.

No comments: