Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Where am I? Where am I going?

Have you ever known God had big things in store for you, but you didn't know what they were or how you were going to get there? I know that God has "great" things in store for my life, but I just don't see how my life now is going to turn into the life I imagine God has for me. Of course, the "great" in my mind could be a completely different "great" than the one God has in mind, but something tells me that the two fall pretty closely together. It's frustrating. I don't know what it is God wants me to do. I don't know how I am supposed to get there. I see the path I'm on and I see the one I imagine gets me to where I think I'm going, but I just don't see how the two coincide. I do know that this is the part where I learn patience. This is the part where I continue on the path I'm on, working towards doing God's will, and wait and see the incredible journey God has for me.

Right now I am on the path to finish my degree in Public Relations with a minor in Spanish. I have thought briefly about a double major, the second one being English. Of course, that would mean it would take a little longer to finish altogether, but would it be worth it in the end? I don't know. In addition, I am researching the Disney College Internship Program. Hopefully, I can get applied and will be accepted in order to do it next spring. Then again, that may be a little too soon since I just got back into school, so we will just have to see what happens. I have a little while to decide.

On another note, I don't think I want a boyfriend right now. I'm not ready to get married; there are just too many things I need to grow and work on before I can even think about being attached to someone else. I just want to live my life. Focus on me and where my life is going. I don't want to have to think about whether or not my life fits in with someone else's. Casual, fun is ok, but a serious relationship is just not what I need or want right now. And that's ok.

1 comment:

patty said...

If you will learn to relax and wait on God instead of dragging Him along behind you, you will find that the questions don't matter as much! He will provide for you a peace that makes the waiting all the sweeter. I know.........I've learned it the hard way!!