Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's Been Sooooooo Long!!

Have you missed me? I have been kind of busy lately, and I have not been on the internet lately. So much has happened! In early December, I had orientation/registration for school where I registered for my classes, took the picture for my jag card, and got things in line for my financial aid. I also told my boss that I was leaving the Atlanta area to go to school two hours away, but that I had made my schedule so that I could still cover for our back-up front end mgr 4 days a week until she comes back from maternity leave. I also got new brakes on my car, and started apartment hunting.

Im here in Augusta, at my Grandmother's house, for my first day back at college. Good day. I was kind of nervous, and had a few thoughts of "who's idea was this??" but I knew that once I got to the school and in the classroom, I would be fine. And so it was. I was nervous because I felt unprepared. I didn't know where I was going, where to park, where my classes were, how to get around Augusta without my GPS, etc. However, all of that was easily taken care of. I had my schedule to tell me exactly where my classes were, a campus map online to show me where the buildings and best places to park were, and my mommy to tell me how to get there. Once I got to the school and in the classroom, I was good to go. Tonight I only had one class; tomorrow I have two morning classes and one afternoon class.

In addition, for the last two days, I have been riding around looking for apartments. I'm not looking to live in an apartment complex, but rather a small house or over-the-garage apartment. Basically, something small, girly, and college-like. I don't think I will have any problems finding what I am looking for. I don't have to settle for something I don't like, and I don't intend to. In the meantime, I am staying with my Grandmother 3 days while I am at school, and the weekends will be spent staying with my friend in Roswell while I am at work. It's going to be a rough couple of weeks/months going back and forth between Atlanta and Augusta, but it's not forever.

No comments: