Saturday, August 1, 2009

CIA

One of my favorite television shows is Alias, starring Jennifer Garner. I happen to own all of the seasons on DVD and have watched them all about 3 times. I wasn't kidding when I said it was my favorite. My favorite thing about the show is their ability to pull themselves through impossible situations by means of weapons or fighting. I, personally, would love to learn kickboxing. In addition, I would love to learn basic multiple languages such as Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian, Portuguese, and Arabic as well as the more obscure languages such as Korean, Persian, Turkish, and Indonesian. Why would I like to learn these, you ask? Well, I think it would be awesome to be an operative for the CIA. I have researched it recently and learned that they really do have spies for the CIA. They are a part of the Clandestine Services, and they are known as Core Collectors. They are not told that they cannot tell their families and friends, but they strongly encouraged not to do so, even through the application and interview process. These people can range in age from 25-35 years old, and they can have a minimum of a bachelor's degree, and several years experience in substantive business or military before applying. Am I, in any form or fashion, smart enough or capable of becoming one of these people? Of course not, but a girl can dream, right?

No comments: