Thursday, August 27, 2009

Family

My Grandpa died just over 5 years ago. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him and reflect on the time I got to spend with him. I had a very close relationship with him; he was my hero, and I consider myself overwhelmingly fortunate to have known him for as long as I did. Unfortunately, my cousins Sam and Jack will never know that privilege. I say this because yesterday was their first t-ball game ever, and I can't help but think about how much my grandfather would have loved seeing those two sweet, adorable little boys playing ball. It breaks my heart to think about the special events in their lives my Grandpa will never get to see, but even more, it breaks my heart to think about how they missed out on knowing such a special man. Right now, they don't understand or realize that they missed out, but I hope that one day I will have the opportunity to tell them not only how much he meant to me, but also how much they would have meant to him.

No comments: