Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pray, Stupid

Do you ever have those moments where you think:

"What in the world am I going to do? How am I going to get through this?"

and you stress and you stress over a solution, until finally one hits you: PRAY, STUPID!

And isn't it a relief when that solution finally hits you and you realize that there is something bigger out there? Something bigger than YOU, bigger than your PROBLEM, bigger than your CIRCUMSTANCE, and certainly bigger than your EXISTENCE as a WHOLE! You suddenly realize that it's not only not up to you to figure out what to do, but it's more or less your obligation to leave it to Him. That, friends, is a drastic relief to the panic, the fear, the anxiety, the dread, and the utter human emotion of WORRY!

My biggest worry here on earth is money. How am I going to live on my own? How am I going to pay for school? How am I going to buy those new tires I so desperately need? And the list goes on and on. As I was fretting the other day about how I am going to get past a rather large debt I owe, in addition to paying my expired tag ticket and buying new tires, this realization hit me like a gust of wind. PRAY!! Just pray. Not just pray for the money for each of these, but also that God would instill in me a sense of peace and security in Him. A sense of knowing that He has everything under control. That if I ask Him, He will provide what I need, as He always has and always will. And a sense that this, this life, this existence, is only temporary and a mere pin-prick when compared to the glorious eternity that awaits His believers.

When in doubt: PRAY, STUPID!!

1 comment:

Steve said...

We must choose what we fear in this life. Will you fear money, or will you fear God? I used to fear money, or a lack ofit! Now, I choose to fear God. It takes the stress out and let's Him habde the situation.

You are on the right track in your thinking. You won't go to jail over an expired tag. You will get new tires. And all the things money can buy, will all burn up like wood, hay and stubble.

Enjoy the things that last forever...people and the truth.

ps, you can find both of these at CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!