Wednesday, September 16, 2009

daily reminder

As I was praying for one of my friends this morning, I was reminded of something I should have never forgotten. Lately I have been so caught in what I want to be, and the things I want to have, that I have lost track of WHO I am supposed to be, and who created me in His image. It doesn't really matter what profession I choose, or how much money it makes, or how many children I have. What does matter is how I choose to portray Christ and let others see Him through me.

1 comment:

Sara said...

First, in your other post you were correct in saying I know where God wants me today. All I know is that I am supposed to be here and he has given me a heart for young women and girls, especially in helping them find their identities in Christ. Which leads to my second point...we discussed the concept of identity today in class. One thing I heard someone preach (I don't remember who) is that we can't forget who we are and WHOSE we are. We are God's children. So many wonderful truths come along with that. I struggle with this all the time! I constantly live in the identity of who I think I am instead of who the Bible says I am as a follower of Christ.

Ok this was a long comment just to say I have been thinking about who I am supposed to be a lot lately.
As far as figuring out what you should do with your life...God will lead you and oftentimes it is one step at a time. I have thought several times since I've gotten to KY...WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING HERE?!? But, I rest in the fact that he put me here, even if I'm not quite sure why.

Love ya!