Monday, September 28, 2009

Family Prayer Requests

First up, my Grandmother had surgery on one of her feet last Friday. I'm not sure exactly why, but her toes on both of her feet have started "shifting" and so, one foot at a time, she is having steel rods placed in her toes to straighten them out. She had the first foot done this past Friday, and in 6 weeks, she will have the other one done. I talked to her Friday night and she was doing alright, granted her foot was starting to wake up, so she was just beginning to feel the repercussions of such a pleasant procedure. I'm not really sure what to ask for you to pray, other than that God would be with her, and that the pain would be minimal.

Next, just before my Grandmother went into surgery, she received a phone call. That phone call was to let her know that her son, my biological father, had been in a motorcycle accident and had several injuries. He has a broken arm, which had to have surgery. Steel rods and metal plates are holding his arm together because, while they could get it set, it wouldn't stay. He has, obviously, several scrapes and bruises, road burn, and 4 broken ribs. Please pray that his arm and ribs heal nicely, he wouldn't experience too much pain, and will be able to enjoy our upcoming Disney experience to the full extent!

Finally, my brother has Swine Flu. Or so I've heard. I believe he started showing symptoms on Saturday, and is still sick today, Monday. Please pray that he would get over this quickly, and will be able to catch up with school easily.

Also, since my parents and sister live in the same house as my brother, please pray that they would not get this sickness, or that, if they already have, they would get over it quickly.

No comments: