Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Life's Questions

I've been thinking about my future a lot lately, and it's really hard to decide what will make me the happiest. Do I want to teach? Do I want to work in Marketing? Do I want to live in Atlanta, Augusta, or Tennesee? How many kids do I want? Is it ok if my dogs outnumber my children? Where do I want to get married? and the list goes on and on. How are we supposed to decide today what will make us happy tomorrow?

I have a friend who just started seminary. In some cases, I envy her. She knows where God wants her, at least for today, and she's working towards fulfilling her role in His great plan. I wish that could be me. I don't know what role God has for me. I have no idea where He wants me or how I fit into His will. I have these talents that He has given me, and I know that I am supposed to use them for His Kingdom, but how do I get there? That is the biggest question that plagues me everyday: where am I supposed to be? So, that is the new question, the only question, I should be seeking the answer to, because once I find that, everything else will fall into place.

1 comment:

patty said...

wonder what could help you figure all of that out?? hmmmm......church might help! We cannot know His will until we seek Him.