Thursday, October 22, 2009

Being A Christian

Have you ever pondered the beauty of not having to have a conscience? Of, aside from standard state and federal laws, you had no one to be held accountable to but yourself? Getting drunk isn't wrong unless you drive; you can have sex with whomever, whenever you please, married or otherwise; smoke a little pot, get a little high; say whatever words come into your brain and go with it; whatever works for you. Basically, if it doesn't land you in jail (and even then), it's ok. That's an interesting life, and for some, that's the good life, but not for me. I choose to live by a standard that holds me more accountable not only for my actions, but also my words and my thoughts. I choose to live and model my life after Christ, in hopes that the people I meet and He reaches through me will come to know and live for Him.

Some of the people I am praying for right now are:

Jose- realize who he is, isn't who he has to be
Bradley- go to school, find a good job

No comments: